[Nix-dev] NIXPKGS environment variable in nixos-rebuild

maggesi at math.unifi.it maggesi at math.unifi.it
Wed Jul 20 14:31:09 CEST 2011

Quoting Eelco Dolstra <e.dolstra at tudelft.nl>:

> Hi,
>
> On 07/20/2011 11:41 AM, Marco Maggesi wrote:
>
>> I came across this old post which I'm trying to put in practice,
>> precisely for the compilation of a latex document.
>>
>> I have the following problem: I cannot get the bibtex citations.
>> Apparently latex is not run a second time after the bibtex.
>
> Is bibtex run at all?  It's only run if TeX produces a .aux file.

Yes, it is, I can see the message
   RUNNING BIBTEX ON ./hoat.aux...
passing on output.

Actually I found the problem, but I don't have a good solution yet.
I just realized by manual experimentation that my latex sources need
to be recompiled twice before the bbl can take effect, i.e.,

pdflatex hoat
bibtex hoat
pdflatex hoat
pdflatex hoat

I don't know why it is like this (e.g., if it depends on something bad
in my latex sources) and how to detect the need of this ulterior
recompilation (emacs seems to be able to do that, that's probably why
I never noticed this fact before).

Marco