[Nix-dev] Hydra, nix-prefetch-git, and TopGit

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Thu Mar 10 12:13:32 CET 2011

Hi,

Thomas Schwinge <thomas at schwinge.name> writes:

> On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 22:59:10 +0000, Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de> wrote:
>> It should be sufficient to checkout the branch you want. Its not
>> important whether the branch is a topic branch or not unless you want tg
>> update to work.
>
> That is correct.  And I suppose you want the branch
> tschwinge/Roger_Whittaker.

Hmm, OK.  Will that allow me to run ‘tg patch’?

Besides, since r22783, Hydra keeps a local clone and calls ‘git pull’ on
that instead of cloning again, which fails on this repo/branch (see
<http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/glibc-hurd>):

  You asked me to pull without telling me which branch you
  want to merge with, and 'branch.master.merge' in
  your configuration file does not tell me, either. Please
  specify which branch you want to use on the command line and
  try again (e.g. 'git pull <repository> <refspec>').
  See git-pull(1) for details.

It it because this repo doesn’t have a ‘master’ branch or something?
I’ve never seen it elsewhere.

Thanks,
Ludo’.