[Nix-dev] Re: nix-prefetch-git & TopGit

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri Mar 18 13:50:33 CET 2011

Excerpts from ludo's message of Fri Mar 18 11:52:28 +0000 2011:
> It\xe2\x80\x99s a message ID.  You can try
> <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.nixos/5770> instead.

I don't know what you're doing here. And I'm not willing to spend many
minutes on looking it up.

You talked about tg patch. And you talked about git not fetching
objects. The last statement is wrong.
All the branches are there after running fetch but prefixed by remote/.
If its the case that you don't understand either: git fetch remote or
what remote vs local branches are you should look it up.

tg patch probably won't work unless using tg remote --populate.

In that case I was waiting for a simple explanation such as:

"I'd like to make hydra publish a patch which is the result of
exporting a topgit branch".

which would not have taken much time but which would have made your
purpose easy to understand.

If that's a case I'm lacking knowledge about how hydra manages
incremental updates. Then I should shut up.

If you talk about "failures you haven't seen before" you could copy
paste the important lines. Getting many mb raw logs of 7 builds takes
too long here.

I'm not interested anymore. So we should close this thread.

Marc Weber