[Nix-dev] Nagios

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Tue Mar 22 13:36:00 CET 2011

Hi,

On 03/22/2011 12:28 PM, Marco Maggesi wrote:

> I have some NixOS machines that I would like to monitor with Nagios.
> Does anybody have a simple Nagios client configuration for NixOS that I can use
> as a starting point?

I used it briefly, a long time ago, which is presumably when I added the NixOS
module.  But I've since switched to Zabbix, which does a lot more with a lot
less configuration effort.  (The Zabbix instance for the Hydra buildfarm is
public: http://buildfarm.st.ewi.tudelft.nl/zabbix/screens.php)

> What exactly the configuration
>
> services.nagios.enable = true
>
> provides? A Nagios monitoring server or client?

That would be the Nagios "server".  You then need to write checks to actually
monitor other machines.