[Nix-dev] Various patches

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 12:34:51 CET 2011

Hi everyone,
I'm sending some patches to nixpkgs that I'm using. They're also
available as branches on
http://mawercer.de:7000/?p=nixpkgs;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/vlada/mercurial
(for example).

Please, review them and eventually apply/merge into (svn) trunk. The
patches include descriptions; if a different format is needed, tell me
(these is what "tg patch" gives).

I'm sorry I've got to use an unofficial mirror but svn just doesn't
support any way of maintaining a set of patches on top of the trunk
(AFAIK). People with svn commit access don't need this so they
probably don't realize it fully. Another problem is that I've seen
patches in this mailing-list that *never get any sort of reply*. If
everyone had some kind of personal branch directory (like the referred
vlada/*), it would also be easier to merge or modify more complex
patches and they couldn't get lost. For example, with topgit everyone
could easily use any combination of other's patches even before
they're finished/approved and merged into the trunk (topgit also
handles interdependent topics).

Vlada