[Nix-dev] nuke-refs

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Fri Mar 25 13:32:43 CET 2011

Hi,

On 03/25/2011 01:23 PM, Rickard Nilsson wrote:

> I'm trying to build the nixos ISO with:
>
> nix-build nixos/release.nix -A iso_minimal
>
> I've got a recent nix trunk build installed, and I've added prebuilt binaries
> with nix-pull. However, I get the following error:
>
> /nix/store/rk9jl8rzqr7ynmaaz0qdy8j9r5hkb56f-stdenv-linux/setup: line 864:
> nuke-refs: command not found

In what derivation does this happen?

> What is nuke-refs, and why is it not found?

It's used in the generation of the initrd to prevent unwanted dependencies from
being pulled in (for instance, it would be bad to get a complete copy of Glibc
in the initrd).  However, the derivations that need nuke-refs have the
nukeReferences package in their buildInputs, so I don't know why this should fail.