[Nix-dev] AUFS 2.1 for 2.6.37

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viriketo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 16:02:23 CEST 2011

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 09:36:37AM -0400, Shea Levy wrote:
> Resubmitting this patch with notes.
>    * The make target for the aufs2.1 headers uses a Makefile in the
>      kernel build directory that requires that unifdef be in the
>      scripts/ subdirectory of the build directory. The way I've dealt
>      with this here is by adding "make $makeFlags -C scripts unifdef"
>      to the postBuild in the kernel builder. Since the builder is used
>      by all kernel versions, this will require rebuilding every kernel
>      and kernel-dependent package if the patch is accepted, so one
>      alternative I thought of would be to create a fake kernel build
>      directory where everything is symlinked to the real build
>      directory except scripts/, which is first copied and then make
>      unifdef is run before building aufs2.1. If that more complicated
>      solution is preferred, or if anyone has ideas for another one, I
>      can do that and submit a new patch.

Sorry, but I prefer to ask before trying to understand this 'make -C scripts
unifdef' alone.

Does really this single change in the kernel builder makes the $out path have
anything different (have the unifdef script, in this case)? It looks as if it
would only build unifdef, but not install it. And isn't unifdef always built
when building the kernel target?

Regards,
Lluís.