[Nix-dev] [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r30307 - nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/development/libraries/zlib

David Guibert david.guibert at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 09:45:25 CET 2011

Hi,

2011/11/7 Lluís Batlle i Rossell <viriketo at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 05:08:09PM -0500, Eelco Dolstra wrote:
>> On 11/07/2011 04:33 PM, David Guibert wrote:
>>
>> > Added:
>> >    nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/development/libraries/zlib/zlib-LARGEFILE64_SOURCE.patch
>> > Modified:
>> >    nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/development/libraries/zlib/default.nix
>>
>> Since zlib is expensive to update (everything depends on it) and there didn't
>> seem to be a pressing need to update cmake, I've reverted both and applied the
>> updates to the stdenv branch, which should be ready to be merged soon.

Ok, no pb.

> I'd like to see a clearer explanation of the zlib error. The zlib release is
> from more than one year ago. Isn't cmake broken instead of zlib?

Zlib is broken. Its header file unfortunately duplicates function
declarations when the functions are changed to
64 bits and when the large file support is activated.

At work, I googled quickly to find a fix. I found the luatex link, but
today a deeper search shows that other distrib patch zlib:
- Gentoo
(http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/sys-libs/zlib/files/zlib-1.2.5-lfs-decls.patch?revision=1.3&view=markup),
- Slackware also
(http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-current/source/l/zlib/).