[Nix-dev] Cross-building configuration.nix for ARM (Sheevaplug)

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Mon Nov 21 11:58:28 CET 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:50:25AM +0100, Rickard Nilsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How should I do to cross-build my configuration.nix for the SheevaPlug? Is
> it possible? I have read about cross-building in the wiki, but it talks
> about cross-building individual packages. How can I cross-build a complete
> system?

We do not have that ready now. The nixos expressions are all meant for native
building.

I use nixos natively in the sheevaplug though, with the filesystem in a SD card.

I cross-build a GNU/Linux for the nanonote too, with nixpkgs, but that's not
nixos. It's another set of nix expressions:

http://viric.name/cgi-bin/nanonixos/

(I don't build them since some months ago; maybe they require some tweeks for
the current nixpkgs)

Regards,
Lluís.