[Nix-dev] some basic questions from a new NixOS user

Shea Levy shea at shealevy.com
Tue Nov 29 18:46:16 CET 2011

Hi all,

I'm coming to this thread late and haven't read it all, but in case it's
useful I have working nixos configurations that use xmonad available
online. I don't use nix-env to install anything on my nixos systems,
just nixos-rebuild for it all.

See
https://github.com/shlevy/dotfiles/blob/master/nixos/common-configuration.nix
for the nixos configuration. If I remember correctly, the relevant parts
are the bottom half of environment.x11Packages and the services.xserver
stuff.

See https://github.com/shlevy/dotfiles/tree/master/xmonad for the xmonad
configuration files I use. I symlink the relevant ones to my home directory.

Cheers,
Shea