[Nix-dev] bash updates

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Mon Oct 3 00:11:50 CEST 2011

Hi Michael,

 > The point is that merging only part of stdenv-updates means getting
 > less out of a rebuild than can be got.

you are right. It would be foolish to merge only a small subset of
stdenv-updates. All updates that we would like to perform ought to be
stable in stdenv-updates before we merge it. I totally agree. We don't
merge stdenv-updates until it is ready.

 > The main point is that the merge should not be rushed.

You are absolutely right. The merge should not be rushed. We don't want
our stdenv to be broken in any way.

Are you aware of any problems in stdenv-updates today? Are there any
updates that you would like to perform?

Take care,
Peter