[Nix-dev] [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r29855 - nixos/trunk/modules/system/boot

Rickard Nilsson rickard.nilsson at telia.com
Thu Oct 27 23:32:07 CEST 2011

Den 2011-10-26 21:11:50 skrev Eelco Dolstra <e.dolstra at tudelft.nl>:

> Hi,
>
> On 10/15/2011 11:01 PM, Nicolas Pierron wrote:
>
>> +        if [ "$fsType" = "nfs" ]; then
>> +          nfsmount "$device" "/mnt-root$mountPoint" && break
>> +        else
>> +          mount -t "$fsType" -o "$options" "$device"
>> "/mnt-root$mountPoint" && break
>
> Why is a special program needed for doing NFS mounts?

I was the one who submitted this patch to NixOS. I don't know why a
special program is needed. I didn't manage to get it to work with a plain
"mount -t nfs", and since nfsmount (from klibc) is used in the initrd of
other distributions (like ArchLinux, and maybe Ubuntu?) I tried it and it
worked fine. However, now that my environment is a bit more stable, I
could try to investigate exactly why "mount" failed.

   / Rickard