[Nix-dev] [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r30127 - in nixos/trunk/modules: config installer/cd-dvd installer/generations-dir installer/tools installer/tools/nixos-deploy-network misc security services/misc services/monito...

Shea Levy shea at shealevy.com
Sun Oct 30 16:30:45 CET 2011

On 10/30/2011 11:19 AM, Peter Simons wrote:
> Author: simons
> Date: Sun Oct 30 15:19:58 2011
> New Revision: 30127
>
> Log:
> Reverting revisions 30103-30106: "always set nixpkgs.config.{state,store}Dir", etc.
>
> After the change from revision 30103, nixos-rebuild suddenly consumed
> freaky amounts of memory. I had to abort the process after it had
> allocated well in excess of 30GB(!) of RAM. I'm not sure what is causing
> this behavior, but undoing that assignment fixes the problem. The other
> two commits needed to be revoked, too, because they depend on 30103.

Hi Peter,

In the future, can you please bring up an issue like this on the mailing
list before just reverting another developer's work? I'm more than happy
to work with you to get that problem resolved while getting what I need,
but straight up removing my work without even giving me a chance to fix
it is inappropriate.

Thanks,
Shea