[Nix-dev] Nix package manager issues

Rickard Ekman xm0rfin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 05:11:33 CEST 2011

I've seemed to somehow break my installation, yesterday it worked fine and
packages installed correctly but when I try to install them today all the
files get downloaded as usual but it seems to fail at the linking procedure.
It returns
"warning: '/home/kraffs/*-1-link' is not a directory where the garbage
collector looks for roots; therefore,
'/nix/store/pq11pa0fjb4vk3n56i12gxy3121hhsxp-user-environment' might be
removed by the garbage collector."

This creates 1 file and one folder in my home directory. The file is called
* and the folder is called *-1-link. Inside *-1-link is all the files the
package installed. Is there anyone who had the same issue as me and found
out how to correct it?