[Nix-dev] Re: CFQ I/O scheduler can't boot my system

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri Sep 9 21:41:03 CEST 2011

Today, I updated the installation of my EeePC 1000H, and I ran into the
same problem again, this time with with pkgs.linuxPackages_2_6_38: when
"elevator=cfq" is set, the machine doesn't boot. I have an encrypted
root disk, and it doesn't even get to the part where it's asking for the
pass phrase. Apparently, the init ram disk doesn't come up. When I
comment the elevator setting out, everything works fine.

Now, the current states of NixOS is somewhat unsatisfactory.

What exactly is the rationale behind setting elevator? Why do we need to
do that?

Take care,
Peter