[Nix-dev] deprecating KDE3

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud.urkud at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 01:12:23 CEST 2011

Eelco Dolstra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 09/20/2011 10:09 PM, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:
>
>>> kde3.kdebase does not compile, and I see no sense in fixing this.
>>>
>>> AFAIK (sorry, have no prooflink) Qt3 has known bugs, including security
>>> holes. We have two ways:
>>>   * Remove Qt3.
>>>   * Get sources from, e.g., trinity project.
>>>
>>> I'm for the first variant. If there is anybody using kde3, tell me.
>>> Otherwise I'll remove qt3/kde3 in 2 weeks.
>>
>> wait wait! :)
>> For me, kcachegrind is an important paackage. It wants qt3 and
>> kde3.kdelibs.
>
> That's an old kcachegrind that can be removed as well.  The current
> version is kde47.kcachegrind (part of kdesdk).
+1 reason to remove kde3.kcachegrind...

I'll look which of the packages depending on kde3/qt3 are already ported to
qt4 and ask their users to test these ports (I can miss regression because I
don't use the qt3 version).

Lluís, could you please check whether kde4.kcachegrind works for you?
--
Yury G. Kudryashov,
mailto: urkud at mccme.ru