[Nix-dev] Put hydra behind a reverse proxy

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Fri Sep 23 14:59:46 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 09/22/2011 12:40 PM, maggesi at math.unifi.it wrote:

> I would like to put my hydra sever behind a reverse apache proxy.
> It should be served like
> http://my.server/hydra/
> (notice the path hydra/ at the end)
>
> this is my hydra.conf file for now
>
> using_frontend_proxy 1
> base_uri http://my.server/hydra/
> notification_sender my at email
>
> However, hydra seems not to be able to cope with the relative path hydra/.
> That is all relative url are based on http://my.server/ instead of
> http://my.server/hydra/.
>
> How can I correct this?

I think this is not possible currently.  There are a few places (I think) in the
source where it generates URIs under the assumption that Hydra is in /.  And
base_uri doesn't seem to have any effect, but I could be wrong.

I'll try to fix this soonish, since I may want to do the same thing, i.e., put
Hydra under nixos.org/hydra, mostly because I recently created a ("properly"
signed) SSL certificate that covers only nixos.org, not *.nixos.org.