[Nix-dev] bash updates

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Sep 28 18:45:24 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

I would like merge the update to Bash version 4.2 into trunk. Right now,
the changes are in 'stdenv-updates', but that branch contains a whole
lot of changes that I don't know anything about, so I'd rather not be
responsible for merging the entire branch. So my suggestion would be
that I merge only a subset of 'stdenv-updates', i.e. trivial changes
like the updates to bash, openssl, etc. I could probably do that over
the course of the next week, so that the merge is ready next weekend,
maybe on Sunday evening or so.

Does anyone have a better solution? Or is anyone aware of any reason why
those updates should not be merged into trunk at that time?

Take care,
Peter