[Nix-dev] [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r33565 - release/trunk/channels

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Wed Apr 4 17:06:54 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 04/04/12 16:55, Shea Levy wrote:

>>    The downside is that it can take longer for the channel to catch up
>>    with the Nixpkgs repository.  But that's only a problem for people
>>    who build from the Nixpkgs repository.
>
> Isn't this all NixOS users? Or are we going to move toward nixos-checkout using
> the nixpkgs channel as well?

Yes, except that I want to have a NixOS channel that contains Nixpkgs as a
subset, based on this NixOS Hydra view:

  http://hydra.nixos.org/view/nixos/tested

That way, you can run "nix-channel --update" to update NixOS with a reasonable
assurance that things will still work (and that everything has already been
precompiled).