[Nix-dev] [Nix-commits] [NixOS/hydra] 53329e: Use git fetch --all to update local clone in stead...

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 23:29:27 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 12:59, Rob Vermaas <rob.vermaas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> git pull was causing merge bustage, and with git fetch --all do not
>> update the working copy and also update too much.
>
> It should not update a working copy at all in my opinion. Hydra does a
> checkout of a specific revision from the local clone.

The way nix-prefect-git works, to minimize the commit it has to pull,
is by looking if there is a branch name by listing the branch names of
the remote repository, so if you do not put a branch name on the
current repository nix-prefect-git will have to clone everything
before doing the checkout of the commit.  With a branch name it can
just clone the minimum required to get a working copy.

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/