[Nix-dev] Where should stdio.h be located?

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net
Fri Apr 13 09:25:51 CEST 2012

I made some progress in getting gcc installed under MacOS, but at some
point compilation fails because stdio.h and some other header files
are not found. I ran "find /nix/store -name stdio.h" to see where it
should come from, but found only this:

/nix/store/88bjkrhrgsc4gb4z7ay710j6m5mv2mg0-gcc-apple-4.2.1.5666.3/include/c++/4.2.1/tr1/stdio.h

My understanding is that this version (in c++/xxx/tr1) is meant for
use with libstdcxx for the upcoming C++ standard, and should not used
otherwise, in particular not for plain C.

So where is stdio.h located in a normal, working Nixpkgs installation?
Is it part of gcc, stdenv, or yet something else?

Konrad.