[Nix-dev] [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r33823 - nixos/trunk/modules/programs/bash

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Mon Apr 23 02:46:16 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 22/04/12 02:25, Nicolas Pierron wrote:

> Doing so caused troubled to one of my friend when he tried to install
> software as root.  "nix-env -i vim" was not working for him on a fresh
> install … and sadly I was not aware
> of this patch before.

This is fixed now.  (I hadn't gotten around to updating the installation CD for
the NixOS channel stuff.)

/etc/nixos/{nixos,nixpkgs} are gone in the installation CD and on newly
installed systems.  The sources are now in the channels profile, so "nix-channel
--update" will replace them with the latest version, if desired.

> Do we have a check that ensure that we can install software as root on
> a fresh install and create a new user and setup the user environment
> and install software as a trusted user ?

Yes, but I had worked around the failing test by adding a "-f
/etc/nixos/nixpkgs" flag to the nix-env tests.