[Nix-dev] nix configuration language

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Apr 23 11:13:58 CEST 2012

Excerpts from Ben Franksen's message of Mon Apr 23 10:53:26 +0200 2012:
> Would it be sensible or even possible to factor out the configuration
> language from the nix package and distribute it separately?
Such things are always possible. I think you should talk about your use
case first. Eventually using another lazy language such as Haskell get's
your job done as well. That's why you should be aware about why the nix
language is the tool of choice for you

Writing a DSL for configurations can be done easily using many scripting
languages - thus you should be aware why you like nix that much.

For prototyping you can use nix and make it create arbitrary
configuration files.

Marc Weber