[Nix-dev] override xlibs.libXft

Sergey Mironov ierton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 10:36:35 CEST 2012

Hello, I'm in trouble again. Here is what I try to do:

  nixpkgs.config = {
    packageOverrides = pkgs: {
      libXft_lcd = pkgs.lib.overrideDerivation pkgs.xlibs.libXft (old :
        old // { patches = [ ./libXft-2.1.14-lcd-cleartype.patch ] }
      );
  };

nixos says

  error: cannot coerce an attribute set (except a derivation) to a string

Definition of overrideDerivation shows that the function removes some filesd
(and than sets some of them - meta and passthru - back). More, looks like it
calls overrider function recursively on hostDrv and buildDrv.

Am I using this function correctly?