[Nix-dev] security advisory check

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Mon Feb 6 06:17:26 CET 2012

Hi,

ssc is working on a tool to check packages against security advisories
From various sources. He'd like to include support for nix and we were
looking at:

find /nix/var/nix/profiles -type l |xargs nix-store --query --tree

and:

find /nix/store -type d -maxdepth 1

Both include things that are not packages and in the latter case we
don't have information about the profile a package is installed in.

How can we get a list of all profiles with all their packages and
versions? Something like a list of "__profile__package-version" lines,
multi-line would also be ok.

regards
florian
--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC