[Nix-dev] Kde 4.8 broken in trunk

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 22:34:55 CET 2012

Hi,
I tried kde48 in svn trunk and quickly run into runtime problems. I
found the trouble was probably caused by inconsistently linked qt - some
dependencies were still built against qt although most was built against
qt48.

Building everything against qt48 fixed that for me but I'm not sure how
to best modify the expressions so such mistakes don't happen in future.
Perhaps some kind of deep override... I don't know how you usually do
such things. I suppose Yury will want to fix this.

By the way is there any use case where we want to have different builds
of one package in one dependency tree? It seems to me that we always
want to override libraries in the whole dependency tree (or at least in
the dependencies that are statically or dynamically linked).

Vlada