[Nix-dev] Halting from kde, or exiting session

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 23:45:14 CET 2012

Hi.
On 02/07/2012 11:22 PM, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:
> since some recent update, the KDE we have does not halt anymore.
> Clicks to shutdown, reboot, exit, ... none work. They don't do anything beyond
> hiding back the menu.

Xfce often does me a similar thing when /var/run/current-system !=
/var/run/booted-system. Any attempts to reboot or shutdown end just in
logout. There in KDM, however, reboot or shutdown always worked afterwards.

I suspect it could be a configuration problem somewhere around policykit
- not conforming to how we switch to another system...

Vlada