[Nix-dev] broadcom driver

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 00:23:58 CET 2012

Hi.

On 01/27/2012 03:00 PM, Sander van der Burg - EWI wrote:
> I still don't know if it's ok to update the broadcom-sta driver. it may be very well possible that the mutex sema problem is fixed in this newer version, although I'm not completely sure. I need to use a recent kernel on my laptop, because older versions doesn't seem to support other hardware peripherals.

I try to maintain the broadcom_sta expression and the mutex-sema patch
has IMO been resolved in some previous version of the driver. I also
added two patches yesterday from Gentoo that also solve compiling
problems for this new version on two other kernel versions. Hydra seems
to build everything OK now.

Note that all the patches just solve compile-time issues because of
rapidly changing kernel API - the driver is developed outside...

Vlada