[Nix-dev] Halting from kde, or exiting session

Arie Middelkoop amiddelk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 10:41:26 CET 2012

On 07-02-12 23:44, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 11:22:19PM +0100, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:
>> since some recent update, the KDE we have does not halt anymore.
>> Clicks to shutdown, reboot, exit, ... none work. They don't do anything beyond
>> hiding back the menu.
>>
>> Any advice?
>
> rm ~/.kde/share/config/startupconfigfiles
>
> This worked. It had many store references.

I have a similar problem for a while. Shutdown, reboot or exit just
gives a black screen for several seconds and then jumps back to KDM (via
KDM I can shutdown or reboot my machine).

Your solution does not work for me. If my problem is related, perhaps I
should just remove my entire .kde directory.

Arie