[Nix-dev] upgrades and new packages

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Wed Feb 8 12:30:43 CET 2012

On 08/02/12 10:48, Arie Middelkoop wrote:

> I would for example not know when I would need to apply things like
> patchelf, and apparently it would be good to know about it. There might
> be some explanation in the Nix(pkgs) manual, but you know the problem
> with manuals...

It's in the Quick Start section of the Nixpkgs manual:

  Adobe Reader: pkgs/applications/misc/adobe-reader/default.nix. Shows
  how binary-only packages can be supported. In particular the builder
  uses patchelf to set the RUNPATH and ELF interpreter of the
  executables so that the right libraries are found at runtime.

http://hydra.nixos.org/job/nixpkgs/trunk/tarball/latest/download-by-type/doc/manual#chap-quick-start