[Nix-dev] Halting from kde, or exiting session

Arie Middelkoop amiddelk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:48:57 CET 2012

On 08-02-12 11:02, Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
> Arie Middelkoop wrote:

>>> rm ~/.kde/share/config/startupconfigfiles
>>>
>>> This worked. It had many store references.
>>
>> I have a similar problem for a while. Shutdown, reboot or exit just
>> gives a black screen for several seconds and then jumps back to KDM (via
>> KDM I can shutdown or reboot my machine).
>>
>> Your solution does not work for me. If my problem is related, perhaps I
>> should just remove my entire .kde directory.
> Or (untested)
> $ find .kde -type f | xargs sed -e 's,/nix/store/[^/]*,/var/run/current-
> system/sw,g' -i
>
> P.S.: The proper solution would be to patch KDE to stop resolving symlinks.

I think that my problem is unrelated. I logged out and removed all
configuration files that contained references to the nix store in my
~/.kde directory. My problem still occurred when I logged in again and
tries to shutdown my system.

My .xsession_errors finishes with:
> startkde: Shutting down...
> klauncher: Exiting on signal 1
> startkde: Running shutdown scripts...
> startkde: Done.
> XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0"
>       after 164 requests (164 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
So, I wonder what's inside these shutdown scripts...
Also it seemed that some program was still running by the time the
xserver died...

Arie