[Nix-dev] Hardcoding /var/run/current-system in nixpkgs

Arie Middelkoop amiddelk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 11:41:07 CET 2012

> Nevertheless, I prefer first to have the use case than working on a solution,
> because we may come up with many solutions that don't solve any use case
> problem for anyone.

I encountered perhaps such a use case yesterday:
the consolekit package contained scripts that runs either /sbin/shutdown
or /usr/sbin/shutdown (hardcoded). For NixOS, I could change this path
to the appropriate program in the upstart package. However, if you use
it outside NixOS, this may be a problem or at least a superfluous
dependency. So, I just added an additional case for
/var/run/current-system to those scripts.

Arie