[Nix-dev] hardware.enableAllFirmware doesn't work

Arie Middelkoop amiddelk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 11:53:30 CET 2012

On 14-02-12 05:56, James Cook wrote:
> This fixed it for me:
> apply = list: pkgs.buildEnv {
> + ignoreCollisions = true;
>
> Even with the above change, I think you get ugly warnings about the
> collisions.

Seems to me the best solution for now, although I guess that the order
in which the firmwares appear in the list then matters. That's nasty.

Another option would be to only enable ignoreCollisions when
enableAllFirmware is set, and then add the allFirmware to the beginning
(or end...) of the list. This complicates the code though.

Alternatively, I could perhaps delete all the firmware in the non-free
package that already exists in the kernel, with something like:

 > paths = `find -type=file ${kernel}/lib/firmware`
 > for path in paths ; do
 >   rm -f "$out/$path"
 > done

in the postInstall hook of the non-free package. Does not seem very
appealing to me either.

Arie