[Nix-dev] powertop kernel

Arie Middelkoop amiddelk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 12:06:52 CET 2012

On 13-02-12 22:24, Mathijs Kwik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to do some power usage tuning for my laptop, or at least gain
> some insights into how my battery is spent.
> I understand I need the powertop tool to do this, and I found that it
> complains about some kernel config options.

Compare the options with those listed at the top here:
http://www.lesswatts.org/projects/powertop/faq.php

CONFIG_TIMER_STATS is probably what powertop needs. The others are
intended to reduce power, and seem a good idea to enable anyway.
(except that CONFIG_SND_AC97_POWER_SAVE may give problems on some
systems: but that option can be switched on/off at runtime I think).

Arie