[Nix-dev] nixos and nixpkgs repos on github

Corey O'Connor coreyoconnor at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 07:57:11 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Mathijs Kwik <mathijs at bluescreen303.nl>
wrote:
> Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de> writes:
>
> Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't understand the whole
> svn-to-git-import-is-hard issue.
> Am I missing something?

I don't think so. As I understand things there is a push to move all NixOS
repos under the NixOS organization on github. However this process is
taking quite a long time. I'm not sure why or how I can speed things along.

I have a mess of automated tools designed to work with git. Which is why I
have a hard time using SVN or even git-svn. Though I'm also not a git
expert so my difficulties might only be a result of that.

*shrug*