[Nix-dev] [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r32435 - in nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs: applications/version-management/mercurial development/interpreters/python/2.7 tools/networking/offlineimap top-level

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Mon Feb 20 20:06:12 CET 2012

Hi all,

On 20/02/12 19:52, Peter Simons wrote:

> Modified the Python 2.7 expression so that the interpreter has unconditional
> OpenSSL support. Having OpenSSL available at the time the core interpreter is
> built enables all kinds of important crypto features (i.e. additional hashlib
> algorithms, etc.) that otherwise won't be available.

I agree with this change, but I think we should put it in the stdenv branch
since we'll be merging that branch in a few days anyway.  So I've reverted it
for now.

P.S. with changes like this happening on a nearly daily basis now, the Nixpkgs
channel seems to be permanently lagging behind the trunk, making it rather
difficult to upgrade NixOS.  And our poor buildfarm doesn't have the resources
to do full rebuilds of three Nixpkgs branches (trunk, stdenv, libpng15).  It's
clearly time for a different model.  For one, the Nixpkgs channel shouldn't be
auto-updated to a revision until Hydra has finished all builds for that revision.