[Nix-dev] nixos and nixpkgs repos on github

Corey O'Connor coreyoconnor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 03:14:37 CET 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 5:55 AM, Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de> wrote:
> Excerpts from Corey O'Connor's message of Mon Feb 20 07:57:11 +0100 2012:
>> However this process is taking quite a long time.
> What should be taking time? github provides SVN protocol api. All which
> has to be done is changing urls.
> Technically there are not many reasons to prevent moving AFAIK - or it
> would be fine if someone who thinks differently enlightens me.

One note: I'm not part of the NixOS organization on github. So I
cannot set up repos under there.
In addition, there is some oddness with having nixos and nixpkgs be
separate repos. Right now they are under the same SVN repo. Last I
checked github did not support this configuration.

For nixpkgs the svn remote I'm using is:

[svn-remote "svn"]
    url = https://nixos.org/repos/nix
    fetch = nixpkgs/trunk:refs/remotes/trunk
    branches = nixpkgs/branches/*:refs/remotes/branches/*
    tags = nixpkgs/tags/*:refs/remotes/tags/*

For nixos the svn remote I'm using is:

[svn-remote "svn"]
    url = https://nixos.org/repos/nix
    fetch = nixos/trunk:refs/remotes/trunk
    branches = nixos/branches/*:refs/remotes/branches/*
    tags = nixos/tags/*:refs/remotes/tags/*