[Nix-dev] Merging the stdenv branch

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Sun Feb 26 23:08:48 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 04:05:58PM +0100, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 02:06:44PM +0100, Eelco Dolstra wrote:
> > I would like to merge the stdenv branch soon.  The main changes are that GCC is
> > updated to 4.6 and Glibc is updated to 2.13.  There are a number of packages
> > that are still broken in the branch (compared to the trunk).  Here is a list:
> >
> >   http://nixos.org/~eelco/stdenv.txt
> >
> > Most of these are not very critical.  But if you care about any of them, please
> > see if you can fix them in the next few days.
>
> Can we make a checklist?
> - nixos building on armv5tel  (ongoing)

Again ongoing, as something changed on gcc. stdenv builds, I'm finishing the
build of my nixos.

> - nixos building on mips64el  (to be started, but it worked one week ago)

I will start the test today, but I already got one stdenv working there with the
recent glibc/gcc combination one month ago. Just not the very latest.

> - crossbuilding working as trunk  (ludovic knows better, mingw fails now)

I moved to glibcCross 2.13 too, as we do for the native builds.

Nevertheless, g++ on mingw is clearly broken. Maybe it's something to do with
libstdc++? I've not checked further.

> - bootstrapping a pure nixpkgs from non /nix   (I don't know the status)

Works. Checked by shlevy.

I went through the list of things that fail, sent by Eelco, and fixed those I'm
most interested with.

I'm specially curious why ghdl-0.29-gcc4.4 broke, as it's gcc 4.4. We have ghdl
for gcc 4.3, which is the reference for 0.29, so that for gcc 4.4 is not very
important though.

Well, that's the status from my side.

Regards,
Lluís.