[Nix-dev] best process for building from source under development?

Corey O'Connor coreyoconnor at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 08:27:44 CET 2012

Hi All,

Suppose I have a source directory for a product under development. I
would like to setup the same build environment nix-build will use. I
have tried setting the src attribute to the source directory. However
this causes the entire product to be rebuilt every time. I also tried
copying env-vars from a partial build to the development source
directory then sourcing this before the standard autoreconf,
./configure, make process. This progressed farther but died trying to
locate autoheader which I would presume was in the standard build
environment.

Am I missing something?

-Corey O'Connor
coreyoconnor at gmail.com