[Nix-dev] chrome broken by libpng upgrade

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Sun Mar 4 22:49:58 CET 2012

Hi all,

Today's merge of the libpng upgrade branch broke my browser (chrome).

/nix/store/iczjj9rwgp91nqkykpb0gi3khiw4xf99-chromium-18.0.975.0-pre114925/libexec/chrome/chrome: error while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Probably it uses some dynamic linking trick because nix doesn't think it
depends on libpng12 (it does mention libpng-1.5.9. Removing/reinstalling
yields the same result.

Anyway, switching browsers is not really an option for me, and I'm a
little 'blinded' now, so I hope it's not too greedy to ask for a speedy
solution/workaround.

Thanks,
Mathijs