[Nix-dev] Ghostscript versions.

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Thu Mar 8 23:37:55 CET 2012

We still have in nixpkgs GNU Ghostscript by default, instead of GPL Ghostscript.

For what people at #ghostscript (ghostscript.com) told me, Artifex releases
GPL Ghostscript. Then, with delay, GNU people take that code, removes all
references to Artifex, and releases the same under the name GNU Ghostscript (our
default, and always lagging behind GPL ghostscript).

Since some months I'm using GPL Ghostscript as default, because otherwise I
could not parse properly some PDFs, but then hydra does not build any
dependencies for me related to gs.

Could we switch to GPL Ghostscript by default? Or someone has a better understanding of
what is that always-lagging-behind GNU Ghostscript at the GNU site?

Neither the ghostscript.com site talks about GNU Ghostscript, or the GNU
Ghostscript site talks about GPL ghostscript. Of course, both are under GPLv3.

Regards,
Lluís.