[Nix-dev] github python branch in hydra

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Sun Mar 11 13:36:10 CET 2012

Hi Rob, hi Peter,

@Peter: do you want to get mails about builds in the python branch or
shall I override maintainers to be only me for that branch?

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 12:16:57 +0100, Rob Vermaas <rob.vermaas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
> > Also, we agreed that it should not build all packages but only those
> > affected by changes to python. Is there anything I can do about that or
> > is that a hydra configuration?
>
> You can change the release.nix in your branch to configure this. You
> could start with only enabling pythonPackages.

In what way is meta.plattform of packages used? It looks like
release.nix overwrites that?

Would it be sane to have a mapNamePlatform to enable usage of
meta.platform?

mapTestOn (
  mapNamePlatform (
    with pkgs; [
      python26
      python26Full
      python26Packages
      python27
      python27Full
      python27Packages
    ]
  )
)

> > Would be great to get hydra support to stabilise the changes in the
> > python branch. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
>
> Let me know when you have made the changes to release.nix, then I will
> add the branch to hydra.

I created a release-python.nix that should build python and packages for
2.6 and 2.7 on allBut "i686-cygwin".

Will hydra pick up changes in that file automatically, i.e. will I be
very careful making changes to it, or am sending you an email after I
made changes?

regards
florian
--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC