[Nix-dev] [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r33000 - in nixos/trunk/modules: . system/boot

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Sun Mar 11 23:25:24 CET 2012

On 11/03/12 22:56, Lluís Batlle wrote:

> Author: viric
> Date: Sun Mar 11 21:56:47 2012
> New Revision: 33000
>
> Log:
> A more friendly stage1, with interactive bash, busybox plenty of tools, etc.

I would have appreciated a bit of review of this patch beforehand.  The initrd
is not intended as an "interactive" environment so we don't need an interactive
bash there; if you find yourself spending a lot of time there, you're doing it
wrong.  And if you're going to add busybox, then it would be better to actually
*use* it: i.e. replace the current binaries in the initrd with busybox.