[Nix-dev] [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r33091 - in nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs: applications/networking/browsers/netsurf games/dwarf-fortress top-level

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri Mar 16 17:35:17 CET 2012

Hi Ludo,

 >> You haven't objected a (couple of) month ago when I moved everything
 >> to top-level.
 >
 > I think any such reorganization should be submitted for review first.

I believe that is exactly what Yury did (and continues to do). He
regularly posts to this list and announces his intention to reorganize
things so that everyone has the chance to comment. Your response conveys
that you feel like he's performing sweeping changes in secret, without
telling anyone. But that doesn't seem accurate.

 > Also, keep in mind that there may be users outside of Nixpkgs that
 > rely on the existence of specific attributes, notably the projects
 > listed at <http://hydra.nixos.org/> .

Man, Ludo, I honestly don't think that you need to educate Yury about
the existence of Hydra. I think he has heard of that before.

Take care,
Peter