[Nix-dev] libreoffice warning

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Fri Mar 16 21:10:07 CET 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 11:52:08PM +0400, Yury G.  Kudryashov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When I start $libreoffice/bin/soffice from console, I get
> > javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!
> > Warning: failed to read path from javaldx
> Then it shows GUI and works OK. Any ideas what does it mean, and what will
> not work without JRE?

Most I tried works without JRE. I already asked Eelco on irc about this... It
welcomes a JRE in the path. I wondered if wrapping its executables with a JRE in
path or not...

You can go to Options -> General -> java, and it will find your JRE if you have
it in PATH.

I tried to choose there a particular JRE directory, but unless it is in PATH, it
fails to accept it.

As for what needs JRE... well, sometimes some file load filters need JRE. Not
long ago, saving in "single-xml" required JRE to work too. I remember as if
opening some docx required jre for some kind of 'full import', while without
JRE, there was only some basic import.

Regards,
Lluís.