[Nix-dev] Failing mounts, failed boots, failed fsck

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Sat Mar 17 12:13:28 CET 2012

Hello,

Eelco, your change on removing reiserfsck from the initrd, made all my systems
fail to boot, because I never used the 'fsType' in my fileSystems...
that has been quite a lot of problems for me.

When I made the change for btrfs and reisefs modules and tools, I tried to keep
the reiserfsck by default. Next time... more care, please. :)

And another thing... the emergency shell spawned by failure mounting in stage 2
is quite unusable, because the mingetty spawn in the same tty. Now that you are
touching upstart, do you think this can be fixed?

Regards,
Lluís.