[Nix-dev] reviewboard "ship it"

Shea Levy shea at shealevy.com
Sun Mar 18 05:31:52 CET 2012

On 3/17/12 11:15 PM, Corey O'Connor wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 8:00 PM, Shea Levy<shea at shealevy.com>  wrote:
>> On 3/17/12 10:37 PM, Corey O'Connor wrote:
>>> Thanks for the info!
>>> What happens when we hit Ship It?
>>
>> It adds a review that basically means "I don't mind if you commit this". In
>> a 'no-reply-is-no-ok' project like NixOS this kind of feedback is necessary.
> What happens in terms of process? Who then commits the patches? Are
> they notified by email or ...?
>
> Cheers,
> Corey

Reviewboard isn't an official part of any NixOS process, so really there
is none. From my understanding, Yury is trying to get in place a process
where changes that might need review get posted on reviewboard before
committing, but for now there's no requirement that any change go
through reviewboard first or anything like that.