[Nix-dev] Installation of polkit fails

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Sun Mar 18 11:00:48 CET 2012

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 10:41:46AM +0200, Ilja Honkonen wrote:
> >> Nix installation of polkit fails for me. I installed nix from today's
> >> svn with:
> >> ilja [ ~ ]$ l /usr/share/gir-1.0/
> > Look at polkit configure flags. You need to explicitly tell it not to use
> > gir (gobject introspection). Add to configureFlags.
>
> Why not use the corresponding directory in nix store instead? I could
>
> ~/.nix-profile/bin/pkg-config --variable=girdir gobject-introspection-1.0
>
> prints
> /usr/share/gir-1.0
>
> instead of
> /home/ilja/Tiedostot/Ohjelmat/nix/store/yjcvw1rzn5ladfj230jfly24fvj2ns2a-gobject-introspection-0.10.8/share/gir-1.0

I imagine pkgconfig will check first the env vars, and then /usr and alike.

We have some impurities like those, that we use to solve through chroot builds
(nix.conf option). Maybe a patch to the buildInput pkgconfig to ignore /usr
would solve some of those impurities already, when not in chroot builds.

Regards,
Lluís.