[Nix-dev] The fsync issues with nix

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Wed Mar 21 20:39:20 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 08:21:46PM +0100, Marc Weber wrote:
> You're asking to do fsync before registering store paths valid,
> correct?
>
> If its not done yet it makes much sense to me.

Well, I think there are only two available operations: fsync(int fd) and sync().
One is much faster and less intrusive than the other. But what to do, when it
isn't nix that writes the files, and thus, nix has not the handles open?
Maybe sync() is the quick solution? Or should nix open all files and fsync them?

Regards,
Lluís.