[Nix-dev] NFS patches (idmapd etc)

Rickard Nilsson rickard.nilsson at telia.com
Wed Mar 21 23:26:25 CET 2012

Den 2012-03-21 22:43:46 skrev Lluís Batlle i Rossell <viric at viric.name>:

> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 09:38:42PM +0100, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 08:37:12PM +0100, Rickard Nilsson wrote:
>> > I've attached two patches, one for nixpkgs and one for nixos, that
>> > builds rpcbind and creates an upstart job for it. It also replaces
>> > the use of portmap in statd and idmapd. It doesn't remove portmap,
>> > but we should probably not keep both of them around.
>> >
>> >   / Rickard
>>
>> Committed!
>>
>> Are you sure we need a /etc/netconfig file, though? Notice I introduced
>> a line in
>> ti-rpc that made it not look at /etc/netconfig, but at
>> $out/etc/netconfig.
>>
>> What to do?
>
> Btw, I tried a simple nfs mount with this new setup, and it gave very
> weird user
> and group ids in the files. Files are root-owned, id 0, and 'ls' from
> the remote
> computer showed 2^32-1 (or something like that).
>
> Do I have anything bad configured?

Do you run idmapd on both the client and the server, with the same
"domain" setting? Can you see any error messages from idmapd in either
/var/log/upstart/idmapd or /var/log/messages? It is possible to set a
verbosity value in idmapd.conf (created in
nixos/modules/tasks/filesystems/nfs.nix). Maybe that verbosity should be a
NixOS option.

   / Rickard